No one can deny the fact that Covid-19 has affected the pace at which the world was moving. It has affected our normal living and made the world a much complicated place to live. We are all adjusting to the new normal of working from home and taking extra care of our loved ones and ourselves. With all these concerns in mind all the time, struggling is obvious. But in all this, we must not overlook the importance of self-care which has become more important now than ever.
In the modern world, our minds are disturbed, anxious, and troubled. We better don’t forget that negative thinking can have a bad impact on our bodies.
What is Self-care?
Before you give it some other definition, let’s clear that by self-care, we don’t mean being selfish. We are not even comparing it with self-indulgence. In fact, self-care means taking care of yourself to be healthy and happy as you have to do a job, take care of your family, and do every other thing that you want to. It’s essential that you understand the importance of keeping yourself healthy- physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Though self-care might sound like common sense, there are many people who can find themselves in the middle of bad health and negative thoughts.
What makes Self-care so Important right now?
Someone said, “Taking care of yourself makes you stronger for everyone in your life, including you” and we can’t deny it at all. As we emerge from the lockdown, its impact will stay in our lives for the coming years. Many of us would even be concerned about socializing again. In the race of becoming productive in our work lives, some people have forgotten to become happy and don’t take advantage of the self-care opportunities that come across.
But by taking some time to engage in self-care, one can easily relieve the pressure of daily life and reset oneself back to healthy living and hence, maximizing productivity in all areas. Spending some time on oneself never hurts anyone. When you are involved in self-care every day, you have the opportunity to eliminate depression & anxiety, improve concentration, increase happiness, reduce stress, improve energy, and get rid of anger and frustration.
Here we are with some self-care tips that are sure to help you in living a healthy and happy life.
- Get into nature and appreciate what you have around. A little walk can help you feel happier, calmer, and can also help in improving your sleep pattern.
- Learn to prioritize things to avoid any kind of hassle in life. List your work and create a plan of action for the rest of the day. From your professional assignments to your personal gatherings, list everything and try to achieve it every single day.
- As they say, laughing is the best medicine. Laugh as much as you can and combat stress to release happy chemicals- dopamine, oxytocin, and endorphins in your body.
- Try to stick to a routine. When you follow a routine, you get a sense of normalcy even in the most abnormal situations.
- Don’t skimp on the basics. From eating healthy food & sitting in the right posture to getting plenty of sound sleep, make sure that you don’t overlook important things in your life.
We are sure that by now, you would have understood how important self-care is and what you can do to achieve it. Keep visiting our website, www.ayurvedaplaza.com for more informative blogs, and don’t forget to take a look at our inventory to find ayurvedic products for good health and happy life.
Few Examples of Self Care products:
Dosha-Bliss Face Wash (with Brahmi, Neem and Neroli), Moringa+ Facial Serum, RELIEF head massage oil, Sesame Lavender Abhyanga Massage oil, Copper water cup, Turmeric golden Tea, Moringa Teas, Turmeric Lattes, Daily Detox Tea, Khichari cleanse.
Self-Care Treatments at home: Abhyanga oil massage, Head and Feet Massage, Nasya and Pranayam, Meditation, Daily foot massage before sleep time.
Sign up for a 15 Min Complimentary Ayurvedic Consultation or book an Ayurvedic Treatment at New York Ayurveda & Panchakarma Center. www.nyayurveda.com
Disclaimer: Information on this website is for educational purposes only. Ayurvedic Herbal Products, Foods, Consultations or any therapies recommended here should not be construed as a substitute for a medical examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider to address your health conditions.